1848 – Print shop owner Carl Gottlieb Mattiesen first purchases the real-estate located at the corner of Ülikooli and Vallikraavi Street. The facilities of a small wooden house adjacent to the University are soon converted to a printing house by using printing machinery rented from the widow of the renowned publisher Scheinemann.
1852 – Mattiesen requests Tartu University’s board of governors’ permission for building a stone extension to the building. The two-story southern wing of the building was built a couple years prior to the aforementioned building works.
1861 – The building located on Ülikooli (university) Street is given the status of a separate real estate from the printing house.
1864 – The real estate is purchased by C. Mattiesen’s son Carl Emil Johan Mattiesen.
1878. The façade of the printing house undergoes alterations based on a design by the architect M. Rötscher.
1929 – The printing house is bought by “K. Mattiesen Printing” Ltd.
1939 – The printing house is acquired by the publisher group ”Loodus” Ltd.
1940 – The printing house is subject to nationalization and is renamed H. Heidemann’s publishers
1954 – An extra wing to the warehouse is added as the building is extensively renovated.
1997 – Based on a project conceived by the design bureau „Tari“ (architect M. Raid) the printing house is redesigned as a museum, pub and bookstore.
1999 – Ceremonial uncovering of the bronze statues of Oscar Wilde and Eduard Vilde (author Tiiu Kirsipuu) located in front of the main building takes place.
2000 – During autumn the balcony and auxiliary rooms undergo extension, with part of the balcony rebuilt as an enclosed terrace (project architect M. Raid).
2009 July – The redecorated Eduard Vilde salon and café is opened to the public, with rooms formerly occupied by the bookstore now housing a new culture club ”Plink-Plonk”.